German offensive failed in front of Moscow. Russians with the help of "general Winter" had counter-attacked en masse. German troops had lost ground and took refuge in villages and town. In the wooden area of Viazma, numerous partisan groups attacked the German rear. STAVKA (Soviet high command) sent 250th Parachute Regiment to reinforce them and to disrupt the Wehrmacht logistic by blowing up bridges and capturing airfields. 33rd Russian army of general Efremov joined too paratroopers and partisans. But German troops received reinforcements coming from France and resisted on the spot. During two months, several combats occurred without really any winner. But on spring, the Wehrmacht had annihilated the threat on its rear and was ready for the new offensive.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards.
Allied player [Soviet Union] : 5 command cards, you play first.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. The airfield is a temporary medal objective for the Allied player and the destruction of the bridge is a permanent medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "Resistance" rules for all Allied 3 figures units. (Nation 1).
- Use "Frozen River" rules for the Ugra river (Terrain 47).
- Bridge could be destroyed by an adjacent Russian unit. Use "Blowing up a bridge" rules for the Allied player, option 2 (Action 2).
-"Air Power" card is not used, activate one unit of your choice.
- "Barrage" card is not allowed to the Allied player, activate one unit of your choice.
- Parachute drop rules : The Allied player can drop up to 5 infantry units during the game. The air drop may happens everywhere on the map in several turns by the activation of a section card. Drop one figure at a 10 cm height then complete the unit in the hex of arrival. If the figure fall out of the board, the unit is definitively removed of the game but doesn't count as an Allied medal. If the figure fall in an enemy occupied hex, put the German unit in a free adjacent hex and the enemy unit can fire immediately as "Ambush" rules. Once landed, all parachute units are activated normally.)
- "Les parachutistes, une arme d'élite" - Ed Marabout.
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n°9 - Bataille pour Moscou.
- 39/45 Magazine n°17 - La bataille de Moscou.
Official scenario of FFM44. Played during the tournament in Cergy Pontoise on the 26th of September 2009.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.