General Middleton, commander of the 7th US Army Corps had the mission to seize the "Festung" (Fortress) Brest. But he had to conquer the peninsula of Plougastel Daoulas before to launch the attack on Brest. The Plougastel area was defended by soldiers of the 343rd German Infantry Division entrenched in a fortified area composed of numerous bunkers and trenches. Hill 154 was the place of fierce combats before to be taken by GI's of the 38th Infantry Regiment on the 23rd of August. The rest of the peninsula was seized by US soldiers not before 30th of August. Knowing that the battle was lost, German soldiers didn't hesitate to blow up the bridge on the Elorn river before withdrawing to the Brest fortified area.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
- Allied player [United States] : 6 command cards, you move first.
- Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals, seize the bridge non-destroyed is a permanent medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "Big guns" rules for the German artillery in Kerhuon (Troop 3).
- Use "Special Weapon Asset" and "Mortar late war" rules (SWAs 1 & 6) to the Axis unit with mortar badge.
- The Axis player is able to blow up the bridge, use "Blowing up a bridge" rules, option 2 (Action 2).
- Elorn river is impassable except by the bridge.
- Album Mémorial - La Bretagne en guerre - Ed. Heimdal.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.