Operation Crusader lasted for 15 days, Axis troops were gradually exhausted, because of the lack of reinforcement. British general Ritchie, commander of 8th army, wanted to relaunch the offensive process, but he needed to take Bir El Gobi to protect the flank of his attack. 11th Indian motor Brigade was in charge of that mission with the support of two artillery regiments and one squadron of "Valentine" tanks from 8th RTR. Two battalions of "Giovanni Fascisti" were entrenched in two main strong-points, one around the fuel depot, the other around hill 174. 2/5th Marhatas Battalion made a bayonet charge and seized the fuel depot but the 2nd Cameron battalion failed in front of hill 174.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn , and you are in command. the rest is history.
Allied player [United Kingdom] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. The "Dépôt" is a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "North-African Desert" rules (Actions 9).
- Use "British Commonwealth Forces Command" rules (Nation 5).
- Use "Italian Royal Army Command" rules (Nation 6).
- Use "Elite Armor" rules (Troops 2) to all Allied armor units. These tanks are moving slow, they can move only one or two hexes and fight.
- Use "Special Weapon Asset" rules for units equipped with antitank weapons (SWA1 & 2).
- The Axis player lays out the minefields (Terrains 29).
- Use the "HQ & Supply tents" tile as "Depot".
- Magazine Batailles & Blindés hors-série n°6 - Afrika Korps tome I.
- Magazine Troupes d'élite volume 11 - les 3 médailles d'or de l'Ariete.
- "Tobrouk" - Mickaël Carver.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.