While British troops of General Wilson were withdrawing to embark from south of Greece (Operation Demon), the 1st ANZAC Corps, as rear-guard, took defensive positions on the heights of the Thermopylae pass. On the 22nd of April 1941, 5.Panzer Division attacked between swamps and mountains towards Molos defended by New Zealanders and 6.Gebirgs Division attacked in the mountains towards Brallos defended by Australians. During two days, the ANZAC Corps kept his positions and stopped the Germans. Then, on the night 24th to 25th of April, the ANZAC Corps withdraw at his turn to the south of Greece.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player[ANZAC] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. Molos is a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use"BCF Command" rules (Nation 5).
- Use "Blitz" rules (Action 15).
- Use "Specialized Units" rules for the 3 Axis units with elite badges (Troop 2).
-Use "Material" rules (SWA 1 & 2) for the 3 Allied units with antitank badges.
- Sparkhios river is impassable except by the bridges (Terrain 8).
- Historica Magazine hors-série n°16 - L'invasion de la Grèce.
- Magazine Connaissance de l'Histoire n°48 - Thermopyles 1941.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.