2nd Para Battalion of ltc Frost was isolated of the rest of 1st Airborne Division by some occasional German "kampfgruppe" at the north entry of Arnhem bridge. The South Staffordshire battalion tried to joined them by a breakthrough in the Utrechtseweg and along Nieder Rijn. The attack begun at 04h00 AM to advance in the darkness. The pionier kampfgruppe MŘller had been reinforced by units arriving from Germany and some "Stugs" from Stug Brigade 280. The heroic charge of British paratroopers was broken by the intensive German fire. The battle lasted until 12h00AM and the paratroopers were repulsed to Oosterbeek. The end of Frost's battalion was irremediable.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player [United Kingdom] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. For the Allied player, use "Exit" tokens rules on the 2 corresponding hex. Ste Elisabeth H˘pital is a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "Night Attacks" rules (Action 19).
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nation 5).
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troop 2) for all Allied infantry units .
- Use "Material" rules for the units equipped with antitank weapons PIAT (SWA 1&2).
- Nieder Rijn is impassable (Terrain 8).
- Militaria Magazine hors-sÚrie n░ 23.
- Album Historique 9.SS Panzer Division - Ed. Heimdal.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.