On El Alamein front in September 1942, the belligerents were preparing for the decisive battle and some "coups de mains" occurred on the frontline. In the darkness of the early morning, 30th of September 1942, three battalions of Queen's Rifle Regiment (131st Infantry Brigade, 44th British Division) attacked the Italian defense line at Deir El Munassib. Paratroopers of IX° Battaglione , Folgore Division, opened fire at point blank when the British infantry of the 5th Queen's reached the barbed wire while tanks in support of British soldiers were shot by antitank guns model 47/32. In the morning, the 5th Queen's Battalion withdraw with heavy losses (more than 380 casualties or prisoners) while Italian paratroopers suffered less than 50 casualties.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player [United Kingdom] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Italy] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. The HQ of IX Battaglione is a permanent medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "Nord-african Desert" rules (Action 9).
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nation 5).
- Use "Royal Italian Army Command" rules (Nation 6).
- Use "Antitank Gun" and "Special Weapons Asset" rules (SWA 1 & 2).
- Use "Specialized Units" rules for all Italian infantry units (Troop 2).
- The Axis player lays out the minefields (Terrain 29).
- Magazine Batailles n°12 - Article sur la division Folgore à El Alamein.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.