The last offensive of Rommel against british 8th Army of Gal Montgomery had failed in front of Medenine on the 6th of march 1943. Three days after Rommel left definitively North Africa, but in this day, Montgomery informed Gal Leclerc that a large number of enemy tanks were advancing towards Ksar Rhilane, the main position of the Free French unit "Force L". Leclerc decided to stay in place and to battle. On the 10th of march, the German tanks were stopped by a hard antitank fire coming from hidden defensive positions. The RAF and Luftwaffe intervened several times in the battle. At the end of the day, the Germans withdrew leaving on the field a lot of burning vehicles.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player [Free French] : 4 command cards.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. The village of Ksar Rhilane is a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "Air Strike" rules (Action 3) for the two players.
- Use "North African Desert" rules (Action 9).
- Use "Camouflage" rules (Action 16) for the five allied units with a battle star.
- Use "Special Weapon Assets" rules (SWAs 1) for the three units equipped with antitank guns (SWAs 2).
- Magazine Connaissance de l'Histoire n°30 - la 2°DB au combat.
- Magazine Historama hors-série n°46 - Leclerc et la 2°DB.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.