On the 25th of May, the German reinforcements arrived in Crete without a break. The Gebirgsjägers of 5.Gebirgs Division of General Ringel relieved the paratroopers exhausted by five days of combat. Group West had joined Group Centre (Colonel Heydrich). The target was once again the village of Galatas, key position of the British defense. The 100th Battalion of Gebirgsjägers was in charge of capturing Galatas while the Fallschirmjägers of the Assault Regiment had to take an adjacent hill. After a night of merciless close combat, the street of Galatas were into German hands.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards,you move first.
Allied player [New Zealand] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
The 7 hexes of Galatas form a temporary majority medal objective worth one Medal for whoever controls the village.
So the Allied player begins the game with one medal in his victory path.
- Some Axis units are paratroopers, use "Specialized Units" rules (Troop 2) to the four paratroopers units.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nation 5) for all Allied troops.
- Special Weapon Asset Rules (SWAs 1) are in effect for the Allied unit equipped with a machine-gun (SWAs 8).
- Use "Blitz" rules (Action 15).
- Use "Night Attack" rules (Action 19).
- "Air Power" card is not allowed to the Allied player. Discard it and take another.
- "La Crète, tombeau des paras allemands" - Jean Mabire.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.