The battle of Crete was ending. Troops of the Creforce were withdrawing towards the south coast to be evacuated by Royal Navy. The Gebirgsjägers of General Ringel pursued them on the mountains roads. The British rear guard made a solid roadblock in the mountains area of Stilos with New Zealand infantry, artillery and tanks. At first, the Germans were stopped in their advance and suffered losses but soon they made a flanking manoeuvre in the mountains and attacked the enemy in the rear.This was the last battle before the evacuation of the Creforce to Egypt.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [New Zealand] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
Axis player : 6 medals including one unit which exit the board. Exit markers are in effect on the portion of the Allied baseline in between the 2 Exit markers.
Allied player : 6 medals.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nation 5) for all Allied troops.
- Use "Blitz" rules (Action 15).
- "Air Power" card is not allowed to the Allied player. Discard it and take another.
- "La Crète, tombeau des pars allemands" - Jean Mabire.
- "Battle of Crete" - Wikipedia.
- 39/45 Magazine hors-série n°3 - Opération Merkur, les paras allemands sautent sur la Crète.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.