November 1942, the 2nd battalion of raiders of the Marine Corps landed in Aola Bay on Guadalcanal island on the Japanese rear. Men of major Carlson entered in the jungle and set up their base camp near Binu village. While a company secured the camp, the others crossed Metapona river and engaged a Japanese battalion near Asamana village.The raiders' camp was itself attacked by Japanese troops arrived from the mouth of the river. Combats were carried on the hostile jungle in a driving rain and each party suffered significant losses. On the 5th December, Carlson's raiders left Guadalcanal to Espiritu Santo for a rest after four weeks of jungle fighting.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player [US marine Corps} : 6 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Japanese Imperial Army] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
Asamana village is a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
The base camp is a permanent medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "Japanese Imperial Army Command" rules (Nation 3).
- Use "US Marine Corps Command" rules (Nation 4).
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troop 2) to all Allied units.
- Use "Capture HQ/supply tents" (Action 17).
- Use "Fords and fordable rivers" (Terrain 41) to Metapona river.
- Magazine Troupes d'élite - Volume 5 - Les Raiders à Guadalcanal.
- Magazine Seconde Guerre Mondiale n°5 Thématique - La campagne de Guadalcanal.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.