Landed on Sword Beach, at "la Brèche", just after the first assault wave, 177 Free French commandos of 1st BFM (Bataillon Fusilier Marin) have suffered some losses in crossing the beach under the fire of German defenses not yet reduced. Split in three elements (Troop 1,Troop 8 and K-gun platoon) Kieffer's commandos advanced in the streets of Riva-Bella towards their objective, the old casino converted in a strongpoint by the Germans. The French commandos reduced in the same time some bunkers attacked from the rear but were harassed by numerous snipers. After a fierce resistance, the French commandos reduced the casino strongpoint with the support of a British tank of 13/18 Hussars. After this decisive action, 1st BFM joined the 1st Special Service brigade of lord Lovat and pursued the battle on the east side of Orne river.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player [Free French] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Germany] : 4 command cards.
Pay attention that the board is inverted : German retreat is to the seaside and Allied retreat is on the other side.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. The two hexes of the casino strongpoint are each a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "Specialized Units" rules to all Allied infantry units (Troop 2).
- Use "Sniper" rules to the three Axis infantry units with a single figure (Troop 10).
- The two sandbags represent an antitank wall, it is fixed and impassable for the tanks (Terrain 12).
- 155mm German guns are fixed, no retreat allowed.
- "Jour J avec le 1er BFM Commando" - Joel Tanter.
- Magazine Historica hors-série n°75 - Débarquement sur Sword.
- "Le commando du 6 juin" - Raymond La Sierra.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.