After the capture of Taganrog in October 1941, the German advance in the south of Russia was slowed down because of the mud and cold weather. For the defense of Rostov, Russians had built a defensive line composed of trenches and minefields near the airfield. On the 20th of November, assault troops of "Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler" broke through the defensive line and entered in the city. After some street combats, a SS battalion reached the Don river and captured a bridge still intact. Rostov had fallen, but the German victory was fleeting.
the stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [Russia] : 6 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
Axis player : 6 medals including a medal token. Any bridge is a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
Allied player : 7 medals.
- Use "Red Army" rules (Nation 2).
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troop 2) for all Axis infantry units.
- Use "Frozen Rivers (Terrain 47).
- The Allied player lays out the minefields (Terrain 29).
- "Air Strike" card is not allowed to the Allied player, discard it and take another in the pile.
- Album Historique "Leibstandarte SS" - Ed Heimdal.
- "Opération Barbarossa" - Paul Carell.
Official scenario of FFM44. Played during the tournament in Le Mans on the 28th of December 2009.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.