Since October 1940, some incidents occurred at the border between Thailand and French Indochina. On the 03rd of January 1941, Thai troops crossed the border and attacked the village of Kon Rieng Krom, on the road of Pailin. A cyclist platoon of the 5th Regiment of Foreign Legion, under the command of 1st Lt Dartiges, had established since last December a defensive line composed by four blockhaus and some trenches. The Thai attack lasted the whole morning and the French soldiers entrenched in their blockhaus drove back the Thai infantry, inflicting heavy casualties.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Thailand] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [France] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. The french HQ is a permanent medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "Labor Camps" rules (Terrain 58) for the French HQ.
- Use "Rice Paddies" rules (Terrain 60).
- Use "Fordable Streams" rules (Terrain 61).
- "Air Power" and "Barrage" are not used in this scenario. Discard the wrong card and take another in the pile.
- "La Légion Etrangère en Indochine 1914-1941" - Tibor Szecsko.
Official scenario of FFM44. Played during the tournament in Cergy Pontoise on the 3rd of July 2010.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.