After the fall of Keren, Free French Brigade under the command of colonel Monclar advanced to Massawa harbour. The Free French Brigade was ordered to attack the line of Italian fortifications guarding the city while British troops attacked from north and north-west. The French assault was not so easy but the mission was completed. As soon as Moncullo village was captured, the Italian forts surrendered the ones after the others. After that, the Free French entered in the city and received the surrender of the whole Italian garrison.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player [Free French] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Italy] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
Allied player : 6 medals including one medal token.
Massawa and Amirauté hexes are each a permanent medal objective for the Allied player.
Axis player : 6 medals.
- Use "Royal Italian Army" rules (Nation 6) to all Axis units, badges are not required.
- Fort Vittorio Emmanuele and Fort Umberto are on a hill, at the same level than Ghanfur Hill.
- 39/45 Magazine - FFL - Combats de l'espoir.
- Magazine Ligne de Front hors-série n°9 - FFL - Les heures de Gloire.
- "L'épopée de la 13ème Demi-Brigade de Légion Etrangère" - A.P. Comor.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.