After operation "Supercharge II" which allowed VIIIth British Army to bypass the Mareth line, general Montgomery was stopped by a new defense line of the 1st Italian Army along the wadi Akarit On the night of 05th to 06th April 1943, three diivisions of the 30th British Corps assaulted Axis defensive positions. 4th Indian Division made a bayonet charge in the darkness on Ras Zaouai, 50th Infantry Division attacked the antitank ditch on the djebel Roumana and 51st Highland Division attacked near wadi Akarit. This frontal attack was a setback in the west area because of the powerful fire of 88mm heavy antitank guns and a counter-attack made by tanks of the 15.Panzer Division.On the Ras Zaouai, the 4th Indian Division made a breakthrough but was not followed by British tanks. The day after, when VIIIth Army attacked again, the Axis positions were empty, the 1st Italian Army had withdrew on a new defense line near Enfidaville.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player [United Kingdom] : 10 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Germany/Italy] : 8 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
For the Allied player, use "Exit" token rules to the three hexes with "Exit" token.
- Use "North African Desert" rules (Actions 9).
- Use "Night combat" rules (Actions 19).
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troops 2) for Axis units with elite badge
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nations 5).
- Use "Royal Italian Army" rules (Nations 6) for all units with Italian badges.
- The Axis player lays out the minefields (Terrains 29).
- Use "Heavy Anti-tank Guns" rules (Troops 23) to the Axis artillery unit with a "88" badge.
- Use "Fords & fordable rivers" rules (Terrains 41) for wadi Akarit.
- Air rules are optional : If used, give an "Air Sortie" card to each player team. Use at that time "Spitfire" and "Me 109".
- Militaria magazine hors-sÚrie n░28 - La ligne Mareth.
- Magazine les grandes batailles de l'Histoire - la campagne de Tunisie 1943.
- Image Google Earth de l'Oued Akarit et du Djebel Roumana.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.