July 1937, the second Sino-Japanese war began by the so-called "Shanghai incident". In spite of heavy Japanese air bombing on the town and on Chinese troops, the Japanese garrison was in bad position. On the 23rd of August 1937, a landing of Japanese units near Liuhe and Wusong changed the situation in favor to the Imperial Army. Fierce combats occurred in the streets of Shanghai without mercy on either side. In the beginning of November, Shanghai fell in Japanese hands and Nankin was captured on the 13th of December.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. the rest is history.
Allied player [China] : 5 command cards.
Axis player [Japan] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
- Use "Japanese Imperial Army" rules (Nation 3).
- Use "Destroyers" rules (Troop 12).
- Use "Rice Paddies" rules (Terrain 60).
- Huangou river is impassable (Terrain 8).
- Wikipedia - Article "Battle of Shanghai".
- Atlas de la seconde guerre mondiale - John Keegan.
Official scenario of FFM44. Played during the tournament at Le Mans on the 26th and 28th of December 2010.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.