In October 1941, the German advance during Operation Barbarossa in Ukraine was slowing down. On the 17th of October, "Leibstandarte SS " Brigade crossed the Mius river and attacked the city of Taganrog on the coast of the Azov sea. This attack was delayed by the intervention of several Russians armored trains on the railway between Taganrog and Rostov. Once these trains were destroyed and after a dangerous counter-attack by some soviet tanks was repulsed, the German troops entered into Taganrog.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player [Russia] : 5 command cards.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
The capture of the factory is a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "Red Army" rules (Nation 2).
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troop 2) to all Axis infantry units. Badges are not required.
- Use "Armored Train" rules (Troous 7).
- Use "Blitz" rules (Action 15).
- The Mius river is impassable (Terrains 8) except by the bridges.
- Album Historique "Leibstandarte SS" - Ed. Heimdal.
- "Soldat du Reich" - K. Meyer.
Official scenario of FFM44. Played during the tournament at Le Mans on the 26th and 28th of December 2010.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.