After the capture of Alençon on 12 August 1944 in the morning, the 2nd French Armored Division under General Leclerc continued its offensive toward Argentan. The French were informed that the 9th Panzer Division was ambushed in Ecouves forest. General Leclerc decided to attack on three axes : the armored column Roumiantzoff entered the forest by the south while the armored column Dio advanced by the west and Carrouges and the armored column Billotte attacked on the east and Sées. On the 13th of August, several battles occurred in Ecouves forest due to the arrival of tanks of others Panzerdivisions withdrawing from Mortain. On the next day, the 2nd French Armored Division gathered near Ecouché, the Ecouves forest was free of German panzers.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany]
5 command cards.
Allied player [France]
6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
Ecouché is a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
Use "Specialized Units" and "Elite Armor" rules (Troops 2) to Axis units with Elite badge and to all Allied infantry units. For the Allied units, badges are not required.
- "La 2ème DB" - Erwan Bergot.
- Magazine Batailles & Blindés n°10 - 1/501 RCC au combat.
- Magazine Batailles n°17 & 23 - la 2ème DB dans la bataille de Normandie.
- Magazine Connaissance de l'Histoire n°14 - La 2ème DB.
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n°62 - d'Avranches à Falaise.
- Remember, French war grave in Le Gatey.