After Rommel's offensive towards Kasserine, general von Arnim launched Operation Ochsenkopf in the north of Tunisia. Part of this offensive, Operation Ausladung consisted of an attack by division Manteuffel on the wadi Sedjenane. Manteuffel's troops were essentially 10th regiment of Italian "Bersaglieri" and German paratroopers of Witzig's Pionier Bataillon (famous by the attack of Eben Emael fortress in 1940). On the Allied side, French troops (Corps Franc d'Afrique) and 139th British Infantry Brigade had to withdraw because of the strong enemy attack. In spite of a local counter-attack made by 16th Durham Light Infantry and some Churchill tanks of the North Irish Horse, the village of Sedjenane was captured by Axis forces on the 04th of March 1943.
Axis player [Germany/Italy] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [United Kingdom/France] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
The central hex of Sedjenane is a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troop 2) to all Axis infantry units and two British commandos units. For German units, badges are not required.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nation 5) to all British units.
- Use "Royal Italian Army" rules (Nation 6) to the three "Bersaglieri" units.
- French units have no special rules. The badges serve only to differenciate them from British units.
- Militaria Magazine hors-sÚrie n░28 - Guerre en Tunisie.
- Magazine 2e Guerre Mondiale n░24 - La campagne de Tunisie.
- "The battle of Sedjenane" - Site internet du 16th DLI.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.