10th of July 1943 was the beginning of operation Husky, the Allied landing in Sicily. While the British VIIIth Army landed in the Syracuse Gulf, the VIIth US Army landed on the Gela beaches. The 3rd US Infantry Division landed at Licata with a light opposition made by the 207th Italian Coastal Division. But a coastal artillery battery, mounted on railway and situated on the pier of Licata harbor, caused some losses to the landing troops. This battery was soon reduced to silence by the fire of the US destroyers. The town of Licata was captured in the morning as well as all the Allied objectives in this area.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. the rest is history.
Allied player [United States] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Italy] : 4 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
Castel Sant'Angelo and the airfield are each a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "Italian Royal Army" rules (Nation 6) to all Axis units. Badges are not required.
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troop 2) to the two Rangers units.
- Use "Armored Train" rules (Troop 7) for the coastal battery.
- Use "Destroyer" rules (Troop 12).
- Use "Night Attacks" rules (Action 19).
- The Salso river is impassable (Terrain 8) except by the bridge.
- Castel Sant'Angelo and the cemetery are on a hill.
- "La Sicile, débarquement surprise" - M. Blumenson - Ed. Marabout.
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n°33 - Débarquement en Sicile.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.