On March 1944, the city of Kovel, important railways and roads junction, south of the Pripet swamps,was surrounded by 47th Russian Army (2nd front of Bielorussia) during Operation "Polessie". The German command of the area ordered to a Kampfgruppe of 5.SS Panzer Division "Wiking" to breakthrough the Russian lines and to deliver the surrounded garrison. Panther tanks of the 8/5.SS Pz Rgt and panzergrenadiers of SS Rgt "Germania" advanced along the ballast of the railway to cross the swampy area which parted the enemy lines. In spite of numerous minefields and anti-tank guns, the breakthrough was a success and Kovel garrison was delivered on the 05th of April.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. the rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [Soviet Union] : 4 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
The church of Kovel is a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
If a German tank unit occupy the church of Kovel, the Axis player wins immediately.
- Use "Specialized Units" and "Elite armor" rules (Troops 2) to the Axis units with elite badge.
- Use "Tank Destroyer Unit" rules (Troops 24) to the Axis unit with TD badge.
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 4 - Special Weapon Assets) are in effect for the three Allied units equipped with Anti-Tank weapons (SWAs 5 - Anti-Tank Gun Late War).
- Use "Blitz" rules (Actions 15).
- The Allied player lays out the minefields (Terrains 29).
- Use "Frozen River" rules (Terrains 47) to the Turja river.
- "Winter combat" cards rules are optional.
- Magazine Champ de bataille 2ème Guerre mondiale n° 12.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.