Because of the hard defense of Free French in Bir Hakeim, Rommel changed his tactics : instead of using the tanks, he ordered to the German infantry to capture Bir Hakeim. On the 6th of June 1942 in the morning, infantrymen of 90.Leichte Division, preceded by engineers in charge to open routes in the minefields, attacked the old fort of Bir Hakeim. Defenders of the sector were soldiers of BP1 (Bataillon du Pacifique) under the command of lieutenant-colonel Broche. They opened fire at short range and repelled vigorously the German attack.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player[Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [Free French] : 6 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
The four hexagons of the old fort form a Temporary Majority Medal Objective . The player who controls a majority of hex of the fort at the end of his turn wins a temporary medal. So, the Allied player already begins the game with a medal.
- Use "Combat Engineers" rules (Troops 4) to the three Axis units with engineer badge.
- The Allied player lays out the minefields (Terrains 29).
- The old fort is made with two bunkers and two sandbags. Sandbags represent walls and can't be removed. Use "Sandbags" rules (Terrains 10).
- "Bir Hakeim" - Erwan Bergot.
- Magazine Ligne de Front hors série n°9 - FFL, les heures de gloire.
- Magazine Batailles & Blindés hors-série n°8 - Afrika Korps tome II.
Remember, see the Free French war graves in Tobruk.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.