On the 14th of February 1943, the Axis launched an armored offensive, operation Frühlingswind, against the 2nd US Army Corps in Tunisia. While the 10 and 21.Panzer Divisions attacked the Faïd Pass, the Deutsche Afrika Korps under the command of Rommel advanced on the 15th of February and captured Gafsa. The 1st US Armored Division lost a lot of tanks around Sidi Bou Zidand was driven back to the Kasserine Pass. The Axis divisions wanted to take advantage of the situation advanced towards Tebessa, Thala and Sbiba but were stopped by the Allied heavy defense (US and GB) on the passes. Knowing that the German troops were blocked, Rommel stopped definitively the offensive on the 23rd of February.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany/Italy] : 10 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [United States/United Kingdom] : 10 command cards.
Add a curved river tile and a curved road tile on the joint half-hexagons of the two boards to the appropriate places.
Conditions of Victory:
Tebessa, the supply depot, Thala and Sbiba are each a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troops 2) to the Axis units with elite badge.
- Use "Tiger" rules (Troops 16) to the two armored units with a single figure.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nations 5) to the British units.
- Use "Royal Italian Army" rules (Nations 6) to the Axis units with Italian badge.
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n° 25 - Kasserine.
- Album Historique 21.Panzer Division - Ed. Heimdal.
Scenario played with Days of Wonder at the Asmoday 2011 at Malakoff (Paris area) on the 17th of September 2011.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.