1st US Army of Gal Hodges entered in Germany near Aix-la-Chapelle at the beginning of September 1944. 9th US Infantry Division advanced in the Stolberg Corridor, north of the Hurtgen forest. The US division was stopped by the "Schill Linie", second line of defense of the Westwall (Siegfried Line). Us soldiers had to fight in an urban and industrial area defended by German soldiers of the 12.ID, just arrived from East Prussia. Shermans tanks of the 3rd US Armored Division suffered a lot of losses in the street of Stolberg because of numerous panzerfausts fired at point blank range. The 1st US Army advance was stopped, the awful battle of the Hurtgen forest was beginning.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards.
Allied player [United States] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
The church of Stolberg is a temporary medal-objective for the Allied player.
- Use "Specialized Units" and "Elite Armor" rules (troops 2) to Axis units with "Elite" badge.
- Special Weapon Asset Rules (SWAs 4 - Special Weapon Assets) are in effect for Axis units equipped with panzerfausts (SWAs 5 - Anti-Tank Gun Late War).
- Urban combat rules are optional if you have the battlemap "Sword of Stalingrad".
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n° 60 - La bataille d'Aix-la-Chapelle.
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n° 79 - Patton en panne sèche.
Remember, see the German wargraves at Vossenack and the American one in Henri-chapelle.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.