On early 1945,the Channel Islands were still occupied by German troops. They decided to make a raid on the French coast in order to capture some boats carrying coal that they needed in their isolated garrison. The operation was organized with several groups of commandos landing on the Granville harbor from a flotilla of boats. They had to liberate some German prisoners used as dockers, to destroy a US radio-station at Pointe du Roc as well as some docks buildings of the harbor, and to capture a US staff lodged in in some hotels of the city. The operation occurred in the night 08 to 09 of march 1945 and the German "commandos" reached all their goals before the arrival of US reinforcements. German raiders got back home to Jersey without difficulty, bringing 55 German ex-prisoners, one merchant ship loaded with 112 tons of coal and four US prisoners,a total success !
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [United-States/France] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
The Axis player gains one permanent medal-objective each time when
1) the radio-station is destroyed,
2) one dock building is destroyed,
3) the German prisoners are brought to the sea (2nd row).
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troops 2) to all Axis units. Badges are not required.
- Use "Sabotage" rules (Actions 6) for the Axis player to destroy the radio-station and the docks buildings. Two battle stars are needed for each destruction.
- Use "Freeing Prisoners" rules (Actions 7). The Axis player must bring German prisoners from the Prison camp to the 2nd sea row,which symbolize their embarkation on board of a boat.
- Use "Reduced Visibility" rules (Actions 27).
- 39/45 Magazine n°27 - Le raid sur Granville.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.