In Ukraine, the German 48.Panzer Korps launched a counter-offensive on the 19th of December 1943 against Russian troops of 1st Ukraine Front in order to cut the railroad Kiev-Korosten. An armored group of the 1.SS Panzer Division "Leibstandarte" assaulted the village of Meleni then turned to Tchepovitchi station. The day after, the SS panzers continue to attack towards the south in the direction of the town of Tchepovitchi while the 7.Panzer Division attacked this town from the south-west and the village of Ustinovka. On the 21st of December, the German attack was abandoned because of the Russian offensive in the area of Jitomir, which needed a reinforcement of the German defense by 1.SS Panzer Division "Leibstandarte".
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 10 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [Soviet Union] : 8 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
The church of Korosten and Tchepovitchi station are each a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "Specialized Units" and "Elite Armor" rules (Troops 2) to the Axis units with "Elite" badge.
- Use "Cavalry" rules (Troops 8) to the two Allied units with "Cavalry" badge.
- Use "Mobile Artillery" rules (Troops 14) to the Axis artillery unit with "Mobile Artillery" badge.
- Use "Tiger" rules (Troops 16) to the two Axis armored units with a single figure.
- The Allied player lays out the minefields (Terrains 29).
- Album Historique - Leibstandarte SS - Ed. Heimdal.
- Album Historique - Tiger - Ed. Heimdal.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.