In New Georgia, US troops which have landed at Rice Anchorage in the north of the island on the 5th of July 1943, reached Triri village and continued their advance towards Bairoko and Enogai Point. Composed by one US Marine battalion, the 1st Raider battalion and one Army battalion, the 3rd battalion 148th Infantry Rgt, the Landing Group North advanced with difficulties in Dragons Peninsula. But from the 08th of July, the 1st Raider Battalion advanced on Enogai Point in spite of the jungle, the swamps and the Japanese machine guns. After four days of jungle combat, the US Marines reached Enogai Point and neutralized the Japanese coastal battery with four 140mm guns which have harassed them during the landing at Rice Anchorage.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Japan] : 5 command cards.
Allied player [USMC] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
The capture of the Japanese camp is a permanent medal-objective for the Allied player.
It represents the capture and destruction of the Japanese 140mm coastal battery.
- Use "Japanese Imperial Army" rules (Nations 3).
- Use "US Marine Corps" rules (Nations 4) to all Allied units. Badges are not required.
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 4 - Special Weapon Assets) are in effect for the units equipped with mortars (SWAs 6 - Mortar Late War) and machine guns (SWAs 7 - Machine Gun Late War).
- "Cartwheel - The reduction of Rabaul" - John Miller.
- "La Seconde Guerre mondiale au jour le jour" - Ed. France Loisirs.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.