After the capture of Kufra fortress, Colonel Leclerc conducted harassment actions against Italian garrisons in the Fezzan area, in South Libya. These raids created, with little means, insecurity on the rear of Axis troops. In the late 1942, Colonel Leclerc had more means to his disposal and could fully participate to the battle in North Africa by the side of Montgomery troops. He ordered to his troops to capture the whole Fezzan by attacking all the Italian garrisons scattered in the desert : in one week, Gatrun, Um el Araneb, Murzuk, Sebha and some others garrisons surrendered to the Leclerc column. After that campaign he Leclerc column reached Tripoli and joined the victorious British VIII Army.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Italy] : 5 command cards.
Allied player [Free French] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
Each oasis is a permanent medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "Royal Italian Army" rules (Nations 6 - Royal Italian Army) to all Axis units. Badges are not required.
- Use "North African Desert" rules (Actions 9 - North African Desert).
- "Oasis Recovery" rules are in effect (Actions 10 ? Oasis Recovery).
- Magazine 2ème Guerre mondiale - La campagne du Fezzan.
- Historama hors-série n°46 - Leclerc et la 2ème DB.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.