Small World of Warcraft Small World of Warcraft

Forums

Search
Forums » Small World - English » Questions about Smallworld Underground
Show: Today's Posts 
  
AuthorTopic
QuebecRider
Junior Member

Posts: 1
Registered:
October 2020
Questions about Smallworld Underground Wed, 28 October 2020 16:19
First of: The Vampire special power. Most powers/races specify in the rules that it has to be used on an adjacent territory... But this power doesn't specify this. That being said, my friend says they are used like sorcerer and can only attack adjacent territories while I, since it is not specified like other powers/races are and I say that vampires can change into bats, say they can attack a lonely token anywhere on the map. Who's right? Can they fly?

While being at it: What about the shiny orb?! Can it substitute a token from anywhere on the map or just to an adjacent territory?

Second, there is a territory with a skull in it... My same friend argue that it has a purpose (which would make sense) but we can't find any in the rule book... So, anything special about that place?

Third: Can flames cross water?!? Because if vampire can fly... Then fire shouldn't go in the water..?!?

Fourth: What is the best expansion to buy if I only have Smallworld Underground? What fits best with it?

Lastly, any other rules that can be misinterpreted that you know? Just in case we run into those in our next games..?!

Thanks for your time! Cheers!
      
kholdstare
Member

Posts: 86
Registered:
May 2015
Re:Questions about Smallworld Underground Wed, 28 October 2020 18:07
QuebecRider écrit le Wed, 28 October 2020 16:19

First of: The Vampire special power. Most powers/races specify in the rules that it has to be used on an adjacent territory... But this power doesn't specify this. That being said, my friend says they are used like sorcerer and can only attack adjacent territories while I, since it is not specified like other powers/races are and I say that vampires can change into bats, say they can attack a lonely token anywhere on the map. Who's right? Can they fly?

Your friend is right. It doesn't say that you can conquer anywhere, it must be read as "wherever you can conquer normally, you can use this special conquest ability if conditions apply." Otherwise, Ogres would fly too.
Quote:

While being at it: What about the shiny orb?! Can it substitute a token from anywhere on the map or just to an adjacent territory?

Adjacent.
Quote:

Second, there is a territory with a skull in it... My same friend argue that it has a purpose (which would make sense) but we can't find any in the rule book... So, anything special about that place?

It's just a stylized mountain.
Quote:

Third: Can flames cross water?!? Because if vampire can fly... Then fire shouldn't go in the water..?!?


Yes
Quote:


Fourth: What is the best expansion to buy if I only have Smallworld Underground? What fits best with it?


Probably just Small World Realms. The other expansions tend to be designed for regular Small World.
      
    
Previous Topic:Small worlds WOW ruling: Tauren race power explaining needed
Next Topic:Question : Small world of warcraft : Do special powers apply to a declining race?
Goto Forum: