Ticket to Ride Board game Series Reaches Half-Million Units Sold Milestone
Games honored with over a dozen international awards
Los Altos, CA; Paris, France - March 13, 2006. Days of Wonder announced that this month the worldwide sales of the Ticket to Ride board game series have surpassed the 500,000-unit mark. Since the initial release in March of 2004, Ticket to Ride, Ticket to Ride Europe, and now the newest edition, Ticket to Ride - Märklin Edition have become fan favorites in over 30 countries around the world, in 11 different languages.
That global popularity has also led to an unprecedented number of international awards:
Ticket to Ride
- 2004 Spiel des Jahres (German Game of the Year)
- 2004 As d'Or Cannes (French Game of the Year)
- 2004 Game of the Year - Japan
- 2004 Game of the Year - Sweden
- 2004 Game of the Year - Finland
- 2004 Diana Jones Excellence in Gaming Award
- 2005 Origins Award Winner - Best Board Game
- 2005 Game of the Year - Spain
- 2004 Parent's Choice Foundation Silver Medal
Ticket to Ride Europe
- 2005 International Gamers Award
"Ticket to Ride has universal appeal", said Days of Wonder CEO, Eric Hautemont. "Alan R. Moon's simple, yet elegant design delivers a great gaming experience, whether you're a first-time player or a dedicated gamer. It's the perfect gateway into the new world of boardgaming."
The Ticket to Ride games can be found in quality hobby game stores or ordered directly from Days of Wonder at www.daysofwonder.com. Suggested retail price is $39.95.
About Days of Wonder
Days of Wonder publishes top-quality, family-oriented board games that are easy to learn and fun to play. Founded in 2002, Days of Wonder has a global presence, with offices in the US and Europe, and distribution in 30 countries. In June 2004, Days of Wonder became the youngest publisher ever to win Germany's prestigious Spiel des Jahres, the world's most coveted game prize.