Ticket to Ride France Ticket to Ride France

Forums

Search
Today's Posts (ON) | Unanswered Posts (OFF)


Forum: Small World - English
 Topic: Power Pack 1 & 2
JohanJakobsen
Junior Member

Posts: 18
Registered:
December 2013
  Power Pack 1 & 2 Tue, 12 December 2017 09:54
Would it be possible for us who have all the expansions to buy only the cool boxes and trays? Pleace say yes Very Happy
      
kholdstare
Member

Posts: 34
Registered:
May 2015
Re:Power Pack 1 & 2 Tue, 12 December 2017 10:40
That would be nice!
      
 Topic: Official clarifications of Copycat, Lava and Skags?
blaxnlion
Senior Member

Posts: 399
Registered:
January 2013
Re:Official clarifications of Copycat, Lava and Skags? Tue, 12 December 2017 00:50
Punch wrote on Mon, 11 December 2017 22:46

These three are probably the most confusing races/powers in Small World. It would be great if we could get official explanations for them, with more details than what's on the rules sheet.

Skags

When a Skag Attack marker is revealed: I've seen some official information that the attacker gets back excess race tokens and can use them for the next attack the same turn.

How do different races and powers function when they reveal a Skag Attack marker? Apparently there's an official response regarding Dragon, Behemoth, Elves and Sorceres. First of all, the attack always fails.

Dragon: You lose a race token, and may use the Dragon elsewhere.
Behemeoth: You lose a race token, and may use the Behemoth elsewhere.
Elves: You lose a race token.
Sorcerers (converting): Nothing happens. (You don't lose a race token.) You can attempt to convert Skag elsewhere.

Fireball: Do you get back the Fireball? I assume not.
Pygmies: Do you get to roll for the lost race token? I assume you do, because you did lose a Pygmy token.

Copycat

I assume you pick a power also the turn you select Copycat, although it's no longer the start of your turn.

If you pick a power with tokens (like Fortified), do you lose these tokens at the beginning of next turn no matter what? Or is it possible to keep the same power ("re-picking" it) and thereby keep the tokens?

Wealthy and Historian: These give you victory coins when selecting them. Do they only work if you pick them with Copycat on the first turn (i.e. the same turn that you selected Copycat)? Otherwise (if they work on any turn), can you then "re-pick" them and get the same bonus?

Spirit: Can you pick Spirit on the beginning of your turn, and then go in decline? If you read the rules literally, it seems that you would then keep two decline races until next turn, but then Spirit would stop working, so you have to eliminate one of them.

Soul-Touch: Similar to Spirit. Can you pick it on the beginning of your turn, and then go in decline? The question here seems to be exactly when the previous race gets revived and you get the full count of race tokens. If it happens on the beginning of your next turn, it might be that the Copycatting has already expired.

Lava

This is the most mysterious one. What does "treated as if the Region were conquered" mean?

Lava Orcs: Do you get a victory coin for the Lava "attack"?
Lava Skeletons: Does the Lava-ed region count towards a new Skeleton?

Lava-"attacked" Skags: Does the Lava race get the Loot token?
Lava-"attacked" Leprechauns: Does the Lava race get the Pot of Gold token?
Lava-"attacked" Corrupt race: Does the Lava race have to pay?
Lava-"attacked" Seafaring race: Can you put Lava in Seas or Lakes?



What I know is : you can't copy Spirit, because Copycat is lost like most other Special powers the moment you decline, so you can't benefit from any power that has an effect in decline.

You can't copy Soul-touch either.

Lava Orcs get their VP (I got an official answer for that).

I don't know about Lava Skeletons (waiting for an official answer about this) but I assume they don't.

Loots and Pots of Gold are obtained.

Corrupt gets a VP. That's why they say "treated as if the region is conquered".

You can put Lava in water regions (official answer).
      
Punch
Junior Member

Posts: 2
Registered:
April 2005
Re:Official clarifications of Copycat, Lava and Skags? Tue, 12 December 2017 05:36
Thanks for your replies! Are you getting these official answers in a forum, or did you send the questions somewhere?

blaxnlion wrote on Tue, 12 December 2017 00:50

What I know is : you can't copy Spirit, because Copycat is lost like most other Special powers the moment you decline, so you can't benefit from any power that has an effect in decline.

Did you get an official answer saying this? Because literally it says that you keep the power's effect until the beginning of your next turn, so you could go in decline and still the keep the power's effect (but only for one turn).

blaxnlion wrote on Tue, 12 December 2017 00:50

Lava Orcs get their VP (I got an official answer for that).

I don't know about Lava Skeletons (waiting for an official answer about this) but I assume they don't.

Loots and Pots of Gold are obtained.

Corrupt gets a VP. That's why they say "treated as if the region is conquered".

If Lava Orcs get VP, and Loots and Pots of Gold are obtained, it suggests that the Lava attack really is to be considered a conquest for all intents and purposes. So I would assume it's also counted for Lava Skeletons.

blaxnlion wrote on Tue, 12 December 2017 00:50

You can put Lava in water regions (official answer).

That's a bit weird then. If the Lava attack is considered a conquest for all intents and purposed, I would have thought that you could not put Lava in water, since the Lava race can't conquer the water region. But I guess the Lava ability comes first - letting you place Lava anywhere not protected by race powers or special powers - and only after that is it considered a conquest. So everything points to Lava being quite powerful.
      
kholdstare
Member

Posts: 34
Registered:
May 2015
Re:Official clarifications of Copycat, Lava and Skags? Tue, 12 December 2017 11:44
Punch écrit le Mon, 11 December 2017 22:46


Skags
Fireball: Do you get back the Fireball? I assume not.


No, they are discarded when used, so I don't think you'd get it back.
Quote:


Pygmies: Do you get to roll for the lost race token? I assume you do, because you did lose a Pygmy token.


Yes.
Quote:


Copycat

If you pick a power with tokens (like Fortified), do you lose these tokens at the beginning of next turn no matter what? Or is it possible to keep the same power ("re-picking" it) and thereby keep the tokens?


We play that you keep the tokens if you keep the power. Otherwise abilities that carry on from one turn to another would be useless (Seafaring, Fireball, Horde of, Gunner,...)
Quote:


Wealthy and Historian: These give you victory coins when selecting them. Do they only work if you pick them with Copycat on the first turn (i.e. the same turn that you selected Copycat)? Otherwise (if they work on any turn), can you then "re-pick" them and get the same bonus?


No, the bonus you get for picking them only happens if you choose them on the same turn as you pick the Copycat race.
Quote:


Spirit: Can you pick Spirit on the beginning of your turn, and then go in decline? If you read the rules literally, it seems that you would then keep two decline races until next turn, but then Spirit would stop working, so you have to eliminate one of them.


When a race goes into decline, most of the time, the Special Power loses its power, that's also the case here. The Spirit power may have an ability that carries on, but the race is a Copycat race, not a Spirit race, and the Copycat power is lost when it goes in decline.
Quote:


Lava

This is the most mysterious one. What does "treated as if the Region were conquered" mean?

Lava Orcs: Do you get a victory coin for the Lava "attack"?
Lava Skeletons: Does the Lava-ed region count towards a new Skeleton?

Lava-"attacked" Skags: Does the Lava race get the Loot token?
Lava-"attacked" Leprechauns: Does the Lava race get the Pot of Gold token?
Lava-"attacked" Corrupt race: Does the Lava race have to pay?
Lava-"attacked" Seafaring race: Can you put Lava in Seas or Lakes?


I'd say yes to all of that. Putting Lava in Sea and Lake regions is questionable, but if you take the wording litterally, you can put the token there if it's adjacent to your mountain, and you don't occupy the region, so it doesn't matter if it's a region you could normally conquer or not.
      
blaxnlion
Senior Member

Posts: 399
Registered:
January 2013
Re:Official clarifications of Copycat, Lava and Skags? Tue, 12 December 2017 11:49
Punch wrote on Tue, 12 December 2017 05:36

Thanks for your replies! Are you getting these official answers in a forum, or did you send the questions somewhere?


I ask the after-sales service here : https://fr.asmodee.com/fr/support/

Quote:

blaxnlion wrote on Tue, 12 December 2017 00:50

What I know is : you can't copy Spirit, because Copycat is lost like most other Special powers the moment you decline, so you can't benefit from any power that has an effect in decline.

Did you get an official answer saying this? Because literally it says that you keep the power's effect until the beginning of your next turn, so you could go in decline and still the keep the power's effect (but only for one turn).


No real need of official answers for this. Read carefully : Copycat is lost in decline, you can no longer benefit from any special power, whether it applies in decline or not. Besides, copying Spirit is useless, since it applies the moment you decline, and declining happens AFTER the beginning of your next turn where it is said Copycat stops.

Quote:

blaxnlion wrote on Tue, 12 December 2017 00:50

Lava Orcs get their VP (I got an official answer for that).

I don't know about Lava Skeletons (waiting for an official answer about this) but I assume they don't.

Loots and Pots of Gold are obtained.

Corrupt gets a VP. That's why they say "treated as if the region is conquered".

If Lava Orcs get VP, and Loots and Pots of Gold are obtained, it suggests that the Lava attack really is to be considered a conquest for all intents and purposes. So I would assume it's also counted for Lava Skeletons.


I will wait for the official answer regardless, although it seems that logically, they should get Skeletons for those regions as well.

Quote:

blaxnlion wrote on Tue, 12 December 2017 00:50

You can put Lava in water regions (official answer).

That's a bit weird then. If the Lava attack is considered a conquest for all intents and purposed, I would have thought that you could not put Lava in water, since the Lava race can't conquer the water region. But I guess the Lava ability comes first - letting you place Lava anywhere not protected by race powers or special powers - and only after that is it considered a conquest. So everything points to Lava being quite powerful.


That doesn't seem weird to me. The rules clearly state "ANY kind of region" and this is not a normal conquest, it's not the race which makes a conquest, but lava flowing down the Mountain. And it's not that powerful, the only interest it has is against a Seafaring race.
      
Forum: T2R Competitive Play - English
 Topic: NC 2017 PLAYOFF
Qorlas
Senior Member
Faster Than Mongolian Horse

User Pages
Posts: 2045
Registered:
January 2008
Re:NC 2017 PLAYOFF Tue, 12 December 2017 12:49
There is not a fixed rule about that.

In the past captains mad an agreement for slot 4 for a similar case.

However I fully understand the desire of TGV of having their strongest player in the tie breaker slot.
If the captains do not reach an agreement they can do that.ù


It is a matter of gifting away for sure an advantage in the line-up or fearing that a botting "could" happen.

No rule about this so TGV could make their line-up as they prefer.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 December 2017 12:51]

      
Stason
Member
Alphorn Player

User Pages
Posts: 39
Registered:
April 2013
Re:NC 2017 PLAYOFF Tue, 12 December 2017 14:08
Who is the strongest TGV player?
      
LeGoupil
Senior Member

Posts: 744
Registered:
April 2011
Re:NC 2017 PLAYOFF Tue, 12 December 2017 14:45
Stason écrit le Tue, 12 December 2017 14:08

Who is the strongest TGV player?


Why don't we do the following ?
The player (if only one) in RUS that can only play steam puts himself on 4th spot Razz

In TGV we can all play java, and some can play steam to accommodate this special need, but not all.

      
Stason
Member
Alphorn Player

User Pages
Posts: 39
Registered:
April 2013
Re:NC 2017 PLAYOFF Tue, 12 December 2017 15:07
We don't have a player which is able to play on one particular platform only. We did proof that in this tournament already. We can all play both, we just want the game to be fair, without those ridicolous "1 bot turn is ok" rules. The final must be played with absolutely random pairs, thats what I am 100% sure about. Without those special 4th places for special players.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 December 2017 15:12]

      
LeGoupil
Senior Member

Posts: 744
Registered:
April 2011
Re:NC 2017 PLAYOFF Tue, 12 December 2017 15:17
Stason écrit le Tue, 12 December 2017 15:07

We don't have a player which is able to play on one particular platform only. We did proof that in this tournament already. We can all play both, we just want the game to be fair, without those ridicolous "1 bot turn is ok" rules. The final must be played with absolutely random pairs, thats what I am 100% sure about. Without those special 4th places for special players.


My opinion on that : I do not think it is necessary to play on steam at all.
We would lose most spectators and playing on steam does not add much value. The "botted player" case you mention is very marginal.
Remember, we play TTR for fun, and the tournaments have always been played with respect of each other.
If one gets botted out, it is up to the players to decide.

One example in this NC is my game against Fainaz : server crashed (that can happen on any platform). I asked him his tix, to confirm he had sure win, and gave the game up. The game was never recorded or played to end, but it really does not matter.

There is no reason that we cannot accommodate an event that might occur during final.
Worst case, some random event disturbs the already random execution of games. It's really just a game, we had fun so far in the tournament and get to play another exciting clash, we are both winners.
There is no reason to complicate things by having some new and convoluted steam requirement.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 December 2017 15:21]

      
Forum: Memoir '44 Online - Français
 Topic: COOL 2018 : les inscriptions sont ouvertes !
Vlad Rodchenko
Member
Lieutenant-colonel

User Pages
Posts: 86
Registered:
April 2015
Re:COOL 2018 : les inscriptions sont ouvertes ! Tue, 12 December 2017 00:06
Aurélie je m’inscris pour ce nouveau cool
À bientôt
Amicalement Vlad
      
Junior72
Senior Member
Advanced Historian

User Pages
Posts: 930
Registered:
December 2011
Re:COOL 2018 : les inscriptions sont ouvertes ! Tue, 12 December 2017 05:10
Je m'inscris pour cette nouvelle aventure Cool
      
lespieuch
Senior Member
Generalmajor

User Pages
Posts: 354
Registered:
June 2011
Re:COOL 2018 : les inscriptions sont ouvertes ! Tue, 12 December 2017 08:48
Tu peux compter sur moi Aurélie bises
      
Bulldoz44
Senior Member
Colonel

User Pages
Posts: 385
Registered:
June 2011
Re:COOL 2018 : les inscriptions sont ouvertes ! Tue, 12 December 2017 09:03
Désolé pour le retard...

"Je m'inscris Joyeusement!" Smile
      
_Ney_
Junior Member
Commando Specialist - Armor

Posts: 1
Registered:
March 2011
Re:COOL 2018 : les inscriptions sont ouvertes ! Tue, 12 December 2017 09:40
Et c'est reparti pour un tour! Je m'inscris pour cette nouvelle saison Very Happy
      
Sauron93
Senior Member
Michael Wittmann

User Pages
Posts: 538
Registered:
December 2010
Re:COOL 2018 : les inscriptions sont ouvertes ! Tue, 12 December 2017 10:22
Je suis un mec sobre moi donc :
je m'inscris à ce super tournoi qui déchire Very Happy
      
Hougoumont
Member
Desert Rats

User Pages
Posts: 36
Registered:
February 2013
Re:COOL 2018 : les inscriptions sont ouvertes ! Tue, 12 December 2017 13:42
En avant pour la campagne 2018 !

C'est joyeux ou c'est sobre, ça ?
Les deux, mon Colonel.

      
kawamot
Member
Lieutenant Colonel

User Pages
Posts: 81
Registered:
June 2011
Re:COOL 2018 : les inscriptions sont ouvertes ! Tue, 12 December 2017 14:08
C est bon pour moi je ne veux absolument pas manquer cette saison.

"je m'inscris à ce super tournoi qui déchire".

[Updated on: Tue, 12 December 2017 14:09]

      
thina67
Senior Member
Commandant

User Pages
Posts: 272
Registered:
November 2004
Re:COOL 2018 : les inscriptions sont ouvertes ! Tue, 12 December 2017 15:23
je m'inscris (du coeur)