After the capture of Tobruk, British troops of General O'connor pursued the Italian army in two directions : the 6th Australian Division followed the Via Balbia towards Derna and the 7th Armoured Division crossed the desert south of Jebel Akhdar towards Mechili. Near that place, the 4th Armoured Brigade clashed with the Italian Armoured Brigade of General Babini (Brigata Corazzata Speciale - BCS). First, Italian tanks succeeded to destroyed some British tanks, thereafter in the battle, losses were balanced. Finally, the Italian Brigade received the order to withdraw to the north and abandoned El Mechili to the 4th Armoured Brigade.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Italy] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [United Kingdom] : 4 command cars.
Conditions of Victory:
El Mechili is a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nations 5) to all Allied units.
- Use "Royal Italian Army" rules (Nations 6) to all Axis units. Badges are not required.
- Use "North African Desert" rules (Action 9).
- Use "Oasis Recovery" rules (Action 10).
- Magazine Batailles & Blindés n°14 - "Fox killed in the open ground".
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n°3 - Tobrouk.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.