After the battle of the border, some Polish units of General Kovalski withdrew in the Minsk-Mazowiecki area, north-west of Warsaw and were surrounded by the German 11.Infanterie Division. The Polish decided to breakthrough the German lines to exit from the pocket. 4th Squadron of the 11th Uhlan Regiment was ordered to open the road to infantry units, but due to a misunderstanding of these orders the 4th Squadron gave a cavalry charge on the German positions in the village of Kaluszyn. German infantrymen of the 44.IR fired with machine-guns to the Polish cavalry and inflicted heavy losses but the charge was successful and allowed to the surrounded Polish troops to exit the pocket.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards.
Allied player [Poland] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
Exit markers are in effect on the entire Axis baseline, for Allied forces.
- Use "Cavalry" rules (Troops 8) to the four Allied units with Cavalry badge.
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 1 - Special Weapon Assets) are in effect for the units equipped with mortar (SWAs 3 - Mortar) or machine gun (SWAs 8 - Machine Gun).
- Use "Blitz" rules (Actions 15).
- The "Air Power" card is not allowed to the Allied player, discard it and take another from the pile.
- Album historique Les divisions de l'armée de terre allemande - Ed. Heimdal.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.