On the 24th of October 1942, the 8th Army of General Montgomery attacked on El Alamein front with Operation Lightfoot. Rommel, at this time was convalescing in Germany and turn back immediately in Africa to take again the command of Axis troops. The British failed to breakthrough and losses were heavy on the two sides, but irreplaceable for the Axis. Knowing that the situation was being worse is nothing happened, Rommel launched a counter-attack : the 15.Pz Division and Italian Armored Division "Littorio" had to recapture "Point 29" while the 21.Pz Division and Italian Armored Division "Ariete" had to repulse the enemy out of the "Kidney Ridge"area. The heroic resistance of 2nd Battalion Rifle Brigade on the former German strongpoint "Snipe" inflicted such losses in tanks that Rommel decided to stop the attack. It was all clear for Monty to launch Operation Supercharge.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany/Italy] : 8 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [United-Kingdom] : 8 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
Oasis El Wiska and the bunker of Thompson Post are each a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
Bunkers of Snipe and Point 29 are each a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nations 5).
- Use "Royal Italian Army" rules (Nations 6) to the four Axis units with Italian badge.
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 1 - Special Weapon Assets) are in effect for the units equipped with Anti-tank weapons (SWAs 2) and Machine-guns (SWAs 8).
- Use "North African Desert" rules (Action 9).
- The Axis player lays out the minefields (Terrain 29).
- Magazine Historica n°85 - Victoire dans le désert.
- Magazine Batailles & Blindés hors-série n°8 - Afrika Korps tome 2.
- Album Historique 21.Panzer Division - Ed. Heimdal.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.