When German troops arrived in front of Stalingrad in early September 1942, they noticed that the long and straight city along the Volga river couldn't allowed them to use their usual tactic, the pincer movement, and so they had to make a frontal attack. On the 14th of September, the first assault by the units of the German 6.Armee was focused on the center and the south of the city. In the center, Hill 102 (Mamaev Kurgan) and the central station were places of numerous close battles. In the south, the grin elevator was a soviet bastion which resisted heroically to the German assaults until to be overcome by numbers. On the 16th of September, Germans had won an important tactical victory by controlling more or less the central station, Mamaev Kurgan and the southern part of Stalingrad. But it was only the beginning of the battle...
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 10 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [Soviet Union] : 8 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
The grain elevator and the central station are each a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troops 2) to the six Axis units and four Allied units with Special Forces badges.
- Use "Blitz" rules (Actions 15).
- The Allied player lays out the minefields (Terrains 29).
- Urban combat rules are optional if you have the battle map "Sword of Stalingrad".
- "La bataille de Stalingrad" - Osprey Publishing.
- "Stalingrad" - Antony Beevor.
Remember, see the ruins of the mill and Mamaev Kurgan memorial.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.