After the Italian attack of Greece on the 28th of October 1940, Greek army launched a massive counter-offensive in November and repulsed the Italian army far away in Albany territory. 3rd Greek infantry division advanced at that time toward the city of Himara on the Adriatic coast. On the 19th of December at dawn, 3/40 Evzone regiment made a bayonet charge on the Italian troops entrenched on Monte Pilur and succeeded to destroy a mountain battery in the village of Pilur. Then on the 22nd of December, Greek soldiers captured the saddle of Kuç which gave them access to the Shushicë valley. To avoid the encirclement, the Italian troops abandoned the city of Himara.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Italy] : 6 command cards.
Allied player [Greece] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
Pilur village is a permanent medal objective for the Allied player.
The saddle of Kuç is a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "Royal Italian Army" rules (Nations 6). Badges are not required.
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troops 2) to the four Allied units with badges. They are Evzone units, Greek elite troops.
- "Air Power" card is removed before beginning the game.
- Wikipedia - Battle of Himara.
- Image satellite "Google Earth".
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.