After the bad result of French offensives towards Pont du Fahs in last December 1942, the French troops were in defensive positions near the wadi Kebir reservoir. Kampfgruppe Weber, composed with infantrymen of the 334.ID and tanks of the 501.sPzAbt among which some "Tiger" tanks, attacked on the 18th of January 1943, it was operation "Eilböte". The French first lines on Djebel Mansour were kept by the 2nd battalion of 3rd REI (Foreign Legion), entrenched on hills 467 and 444 and supported by a single battery of 75mm guns of the 64th RAA (colonial artillery regiment) ans some minefields. In spite of a very hard resistance by legionnaires, the battalion was surrounded and virtually destroyed because of lack of efficient anti-tank guns to fight against "Tiger" tanks. Operation Eilböte was successful and the Germans could controlled all mountain passes of the area.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [France] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
For the Axis player, exit marker is in effect on the road hexagon "vers Sidi Saïd".
- Use "French Army" rules (Nations 7) for all Allied infantry units.
- Use "Tiger" rules (Troops 16) to the Axis armored unit with a single figure.
- Special Weapon Asset rules (SWAs 4) are in effect for the four Allied units equipped with anti tank guns (SWAs 5) or mortar (SWAs 6).
- Use "Dams" rules (Terrain 20).
- The Allied player lays out the minefields (Terrain 29).
- Use "Fordable Streams" rules (Terrain 61) for wadi Kebir.
- Les grandes batailles de l'histoire - La campagne de Tunisie, 1943.
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n°25 - Kasserine.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.