After the tactical victory of « Totensonntag », Rommel sent his panzer divisions to the border in order to help the Axis units surrounded in the Sollum area. On the 25th of November, German tanks of the Panzer Regiment.5 were in front of Sidi Omar, recently occupied by the 7th Indian Brigade. They were driven back with heavy losses by guns of the 1st Field Artillery Regiment used in direct fire. A second attempt of the Panzer Regiment.5 was also disastrous and the regiment was potentially destroyed with almost no operational tanks at the end of the day.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [United Kingdom/India] : 6 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
Sidi Omar is a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nations 5) to all Allied units.
- Use "North African Desert" rules (Actions 9).
- The Allied player lays out the minefields (Terrains 29).
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n°6 - La guerre du désert (II).
- "Tobrouk" - Michaël Carver.
- Album historique 21.Panzer Division - Ed. Heimdal.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.