18th of June 1944 - Saint-Marcel.
The gathering of about 2300 men of the French Resistance trained by 200 French SAS paratroopers attracted the attention of German occupying forces in Brittany. In the morning of 18th of June, numerous German troops, elements of 275.ID, 2.Fallschirmjäger Regiment, 708.Ost Bataillon (Georgians), surrounded the area of Saint-Marcel and engaged the fighting immediately against FFI companies which defended the Resistance base. Two fierce counter-attacks by French SAS and an Air strike by US fighter-bombers contained the German advances. But on the evening, out of ammunition and overcame by numbers, FFI and SAS decided to abandon "Dingson" base and to scatter with the aim to continue harassment fight against the enemy in Brittany.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [France] : 4 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
Axis player : 6 medals with at least 3 medals tokens. Each hex with a medal token is a temporary medal objective.
Allied player : 6 medals.
- Use "Special Weapon Asset" and "Mortar late war" rules (SWAs 1 & 6) to the units with mortar badge.
- Use "French Resistance" rules for FFI units with 3 figures (Nation 1).
- Use "Specialized Units" rules for French SAS (Troop 2).
- Use "Specialized Units" rules for German units with badge (Troop 2).
- German units with 3 figures represent Georgian Ost-bataillon, use "Depleted unit" rules (Troop 22).
- "Les parachutistes de la France Libre".
- Magazine Troupe d'élite - Le drame de Saint-Marcel.
- Album mémorial "La Bretagne en guerre", éd. Heimdal.
Official scenario of the FFM44, played in the Memoir'44 tournament in Nantes on the 10th of November 2012.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.