05th of June 1940 - Somme river.
After the fall of Dunkirk, the battle of France began. 7.Panzer Division under the command of General Rommel was ready to cross the Somme river. In front of them, Senegalese troops of 5ème DIC (5th Colonial Infantry Division were just arrived on the place after a long and exhausting march. Some French tanks of 7ème Cuirassiers were on the vicinity to support the infantrymen. In the early morning, troops of 7.Panzer Division crossed the Somme river at "La Breilloire" on two rail bridges that the French had not blew up. For the colonial infantry the resistance as hard and heroic but without any hope.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [France] : 4 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
Axis player : 7 medals.
Allied player : 6 medals.
- Use "Blitz" rules (Action 15).
- Hills represent the edge of the plateau. Use "Hills" rules only from the Somme River edge of these hex.
- "Air power" card is not allowed to the Allied player. Discard it and take another in the pile.
- Militaria magazine hors-série n°31 - De la Somme à la Seine.
- "Les soldats de 40 dans la 1ère bataille de Normandie" - R.G.Nobécourt.
- "Rommel - France 1940" - Y. Buffetaut - Ed. Heimdal.
- "Juin 1940 sur la Basse-Somme" - P.Vasselle.
- "Les combats d'Airaines et environs, juin 1940" - A.Labouret.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.