After the fall of Bardia, XIIIth British Army Corps (ex-Western Desert Force) besieged the fortified area of Tobruk, defended by 61st Italian Division "Sirte". Defensive positions were not prepared by Italian engineers when the 6th Australian Division launched its attack, with the support of the 7th RTR equipped with "Matilda" tanks. Italian soldiers fought with energy and Post 62 resisted more than three hours to the Australian infantry which used flame throwers to reduce only 46defenders. Around the Fort Pilastrino, ther were some Italian armored counter-attacks and fierce combats. But the fortress of Tobruk, invested during the night, fell on the morning of 22nd January, with about 25 000 prisoners.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied Player [United Kingdom] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Axis Player [Italy] : 4 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
7 medals, Fort Pilastrino and hex "PC secteur Est" are each a temporary medal objective for the Allied Player.
- Use "North African Desert" rules (Action 9).
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nation 5).
- Use "Royal Italian Army" rules (Nation 6). Badges are not required.
- Use "Engineer" rules for the 3 units with engineer badge (Troop 4).
- 7th RTR are special forces tank units with 4 figures to represent the well-protected Matildas II tanks.
- Axis player lays out the minefields (Terrain 29).
- Military Magazine hors-série n°3 - Tobrouk.
- "Campagne d'Afrique 1940-1943" - Ed. Flammarion.
- Magazine Images de Guerre 1939-1945 n°4 - Egypte-Libye.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.