08 of June 1944 - Amfreville.
The Allied bridgehead east of Orne river was really thin. Only the 6th British Airborne Division, reinforced bu the 1st Special Service Brigade, was in defense of the area. In the morning of 8th June, with the support of artillery, German soldiers of 346.ID attacked Amfreville (defended by commandos) and Ranville (defended by paratroopers). The German attack was across fields covered by gliders who have landed on the 6th of June. Under the deadly fire of Allied artillery and machine-guns of commandos and paratroopers, the German attack was repulse with heavy losses.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [United Kingdom] : 4 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals. Amfreville and Le Hauger are a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "Specialized Units" for all Allied infantry units (Troop 2).
- Use "BCF command" rules for all Allied units (Nation 5).
- "Diables rouges en Normandie" - Ed. Heimdal.
- Album mémorial bataille de Caen - Ed. Heimdal.
- Normandie 44, guide du champ de bataille - Ed. Heimdal.
- Magazine Batailles n°2 - Jour J.
- Carte IGN 1:50000 - Caen.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.