13th of May 1940 - Sedan.
At 16h00 (German time), while 1st Panzer Division crossed Meuse river west of Sedan,10th Panzer Division crossed as well east of the city, in front of Wadelincourt and Pont-Maugis. 55th French Infantry Division which sustained the assault of the two German panzerdivisions and received a strong air bombing by "Stukas", repulsed nevertheless German infantrymen at Pont-Maugis. But Schützen Regiment.86 succeeded to open a bridgehead at Wadelincourt. As soon as the French defenses on the left bank of the river were reduced, German engineers built a pontoon bridge for the tanks. In the night 13th to 14th of May, German infantrymen reached Marfée woods and joined elements of 1st Panzer Division and "GrossDeutschland" Regiment. The Meuse river was no more an obstacle.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [France] : 4 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals for the Allied player.
6 medals with at least 1 medal token for the Axis player. The hex "Vers Bulson" and cote 340 are a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "Blitz" rules (Action 15).
- Use "Collapsible rafts & boats" rules for all German infantry units (Action 5).
- Use "Pontoon bridge" rules (Terrain 33).
- "Air Power" card is not allowed to the Allied player. Discard it and take another card in the pile.
- Use "Panic" rules : All Allied unit that receives a loss by air attack must retreat 1 hex in addition.
- Magazine Historica hors-série n°51 - Sedan 1940.
- Album Mémorial "Blitzkrieg à l'Ouest" - Ed. Heimdal.
- 39-45 Magazine n°50 - Panzers sur la Meuse.
- "Sedan mai 40" - Claude Gounelle.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.