Operation Crusader was successful : general Rommel was obliged to withdraw his troops from the siege of Tobruk and to Gazala to avoid the total destruction of his army. After Gazala, the Axis withdrawal continued to Benghasi, then Agedabia, followed by British troops with superiority in number. On the 27th of December, while the Guards Brigade attacked the defense line in the east of Agedabia, the 22nd Armored Brigade outflanked Axis forces by the desert and attacked from El Haseiat. The British tanks crews were convinced to destroy an already routed enemy but it was a very big surprise for them when they were confronted to 60 panzers who counter attacked and defeated them. The remnants of the British armored brigade could escape only because of the lack of fuel for the panzers. On the battlefield, 37 British tanks were burning for only 7 German panzers destroyed. The year 1941 ended on this last battle. Some days later, Rommel attacked again to the east.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player [United Kingdom] : 4 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals, The oasis is a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nations 5).
- Use "Heavy Anti-Tank Guns" rules (Troops 23) to the Axis artillery battery with 88 badge.
- Panzer units have 4 figures (Troops 2) to symbolize the better combat experience of the German crews.
- "Rommel in the desert" - Volkmar Kühn.
- "La guerre sans haine" Tome 1 - Maréchal Erwin Rommel.
- Album Historique 21.Panzerdivision - Ed. Heimdal.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.