Vauxaillon - 05th of June 1940.
102nd French Infantry Regiment was entrenched in front of canal of Ailette between Pinon and Vauxaillon villages. The operation "Fall Rot" was beginning all over the front and units of German 9th Army crossed the canal with the air support of the Luftwaffe. Knowing that their fight was without any hope because of the enemy superiority in number, the French soldiers of the 102nd Regiment held their positions until they received the order to withdraw towards Soissons then the Ourcq river.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [France] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
- The canal is passable only by the bridges (Terrain 8).
- The "Air Power" card is not allowed to the Allied player, discard it and take another in the pile.
- Air rules are optional. If used, the 2 "Air Sortie" cards are in the pile. And these cards too are not allowed to the Allied player.
- "L'officier sans nom" - Guy des Cars.
- Atlas routier - 1/250000.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.