Operation Epsom was ended in a bad way for the two belligerents : the British missed to bypass Caen by a breakthrough on the Odon valley, the Germans failed to launch a major armored counter-attack with the II.SS PanzerKorps and were forced to the defensive. A local attack by 1st Battalion of 19.SS Panzer Grenadier Regiment occurred on Rauray village held by 1st Tyneside Scottish (49th Infantry Division) and Cheux, held by King's Own Scottish Borderers (15th Infantry Division). This attack was a new defeat for the Germans because of a barrage fire from the field and naval artillery. On the evening of 1st July, Rauray was still in British hands.
The stage is set, the battles lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis Player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied Player [United Kingdom] : 6 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals, Rauray is a temporary medal objective for the Axis Player.
- All Axis infantry are SS-Panzergrenadiers (Troops 2 - Specialized Units). Badges are not required.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nation 5) for the Allied player.
- Naval support : The Allied Player can play any "Recon 1" card as a "Barrage" card in the selected section. In this case, only 1 card is taken from the pile at the end of the Allied player turn.
- Historica Magazine hors-série n°56 - Côte 112.
- "Panzers SS dans l'enfer normand" - J. Mabire.
- Album 9.SS-Panzer-Division - Ed. Heimdal.
Scenario played during the Mons tournament, on the 26th of June 2016.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.