The 2nd French Armoured Division called "Division Leclerc" landed at Utah Beach on the 1st of August 1944. Attached to the XVth US Corps, the division was involved in the advance towards Argentan in order to close the gap of the Falaise's pocket. The division 's first target was to reach Alençon and the strategic bridges on the Sarthe river. The first day of combat was the 10th of August and the units of the 2nd Armored Division had to fight against numerous antitank strongpoints set up by the 9.Panzer Division along the roads. The most famous combats were located in "le Sablon", "la Saunerie" and the village of Lucé. At the end of the day, the vanguard of the division reached Doucelle. Alençon and the bridges were taken on the night after.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history !
Allied player [France] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
7 medals. For the Allied player,use "Exit" token rules to the two hexagons shown on the map.
- Use "Camouflage" rules (Action 16) for all Axis units.
- Use "SWAs 1 & 2" rules (Special Weapon Asset 1 & 2) for the three Axis units with antitank badges.
- "Air Strike" card is not allowed to the Axis player. Discard it and take another on the pile.
- The Axis player lays out the minefields (Terrain 29).
- "La 2ème DB" - Erwan Bergot.
- Magazine Batailles n°17 - La 2ème DB dans la campagne de Normandie.
- Magazine Connaissance de l'Histoire n°30 - La 2ème DB au combat.
- 39/45 Magazine n°54 - La 2ème DB libère Alençon.
Official scenario of FFM44. Played during the tournament at Le Mans on the 26th and 28th of December 2010.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.