The capture of Rethymnon airfield has failed and the Kampfgruppe of Major Kroh has to fall back to the olive oil factory near Stavromenos. The German paratroopers entrenched themselves in the factory in order to resist to the repeated attacks of the 19th Australian Brigade of Colonel Campbell. But Major Kroh decided to counter attack as well and sent a battle group to capture the village of Kimari. This offensive action forced the Allied troops to stay in Rethymnon instead to reinforce the Maleme sector where the decisive battle was going through.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player [Australia] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
The oil factory (hex with a medal token) is a permanent medal objective for the Allied player.
The village of Kimari is a permanent medal objective for the Axis player.
- All Axis units are paratroopers, use "Specialized Units" rules (Troop 2). Badges are not required.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nation 5) only for Australian troops.
- Use "Blitz" rules (Action 15).
- "Air Power" card is not allowed to the Allied player. Discard it and take another.
- "Barrage" card is not allowed to the Axis player. Discard it and take another.
- "La Crète, tombeau des paras allemands" - Jean Mabire.
Official scenario of FFM44. Played during the tournament at Le Mans on the 26th and 28th of December 2010.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.