After the battle of Dompaire, the 2nd French Armored Division advanced until the Meurthe river and stopped as all the Allied army because of lack of petrol. During a whole month, Leclerc's soldiers reinforced their strength and their stock of petrol. At the end of October, the Division was ready again and general Leclerc took advantage of a reorganization of the US front to attack Baccarat by encircling it. In the morning of the 31st of October, the different units of the Division advanced to the north in order to bypass the main German defences then turned over towards the city which was liberated at noon. This movement of the French Division was called "the minuet of Baccarat".
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player [France] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Germany] : 4 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
Allied player : 6 medals including the permanent medal token of Baccarat.
Axis player : 6 medals.
- The "Verdurette" river is impassable (Terrain 8) except by the bridges.
- The Axis artillery battery is an antitank "88" battery. Use "Heavy Anti-Tank Guns" rules (Troops 23).
- The Axis player lays out the minefields (Terrain 29).
- "La 2ème DB" - E. Bergot.
- "La 2ème DB - Combats et combattants" - Ed.1945.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.