Unternehmen Fall Rot began on the 05th of June 1940. After two days of intense fighting, the front was broken by German panzerdivisions. In Picardy, the 4th Colonial Infantry Division withdrew in fighting. On the 09th of June, surrounded in the area of Ravenel, constantly under enemy fire and air attacks, the French division tried to breakthrough the enemy lines to reach the Oise river. After a hard fighting using their last ammunition, survivors were taken prisoners. End of the tragedy, the Senegalese soldiers were shot dead in bois d'Eraine after their capture.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player [France] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
For the Allied player, Exit markers are in effect on the whole Axis baseline.
- Use "Blitz" rules (Action 15).
- The "Air Power" card is not allowed to the Allied player, discard it and take another from the pile.
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n°34 - Paris, ville ouverte.
- "1940, les troupes coloniales dans la campagne de France" - P. Gaujac.
- Remember, see the war memorial in bois d'Eraine and the military war grave in Cambronne-lès-Ribécourt.
Official scenario of FFM44. Played during the tournament at Ravenel on the 26th of February 2011.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.